Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Baby Day

Yesterday, Ava and I went to the movies. There is an Alamo Drafthouse near my sister's house, and since we are staying with her while we are homeless, it was a quick trip down the road to enjoy an adult outing.

I love Alamo Drafthouse. The concept is great, and even better, the first matinee on Tuesdays is designated for babies and their parents. Since we just got Ava's shots last week, we are just now beginning to take her into (possibly) crowded places, like malls, restaurants, and now, movie theaters. She's a bit unpredictable in public, which is why I am so loving the Baby Day idea.

I saw Stepbrothers. Eh. Disappointing. Regardless, it was really nice to get out of the house. When I first stepped into the theater, I was the only one with a baby, and I was worried about how noisy we might be. I mean, I know it's Baby Day and all, but I didn't want to have the ONLY baby in there. Luckily, another woman brought her baby in, and he was noisier than Ava, so that was a relief. Ava did really well. She got a little fussy, but I just popped her on a boob, and that took care of it. I didn't realize until she was done nursing, however, that at some point she spit up while she was nursing and the entire right side of my shirt was cold and wet. So I just sat there and hoped that while the air conditioning was making little boob juice icicles on my shirt, that maybe it was drying it a bit. She slept for the rest of the movie, and I was proud of us for going on our little adventure.

I'm going again next week. All of the Baby Days in Houston are far away from where we live, so I want to enjoy it as much as I can while we are in Austin. I really want to see Pineapple Express. Would it be wrong to take a 2 month old to a movie where they are stoned the entire time?

No comments: