Saturday, July 12, 2008

Homeless

Corporate housing blows. We've been in corporate housing since March and it's making me nuts not to have any of our things. The fact that our household goods arrived in Houston in record time (Kuala Lumpur to Houston in 5 weeks) and have been sitting in a storage facility for over two months just adds to the frustration. Plus, the apartment complex we are living in just has tacky people living in it. I mean, when I see a three year old in a Hooters T shirt kicking the Schlitz Malt Liquor TALL BOY can on her way into her apartment, it makes me call M and tell him that we have GOT to get out of this place, and soon.

While it's nice to not be homeless yet (which we would be since we have tenants in our house), our days are numbered in this hellhole, I mean, lovely corporate apartment. As of July 31, we are officically homeless. We're lucky that we were able to swing corporate housing for this long. Up until today, our company has covered the cost, but starting today, we are footing the bill. The $111 a day bill. Seriously. It's criminal that they charge that much, but what can you do? Our new house won't be ready until mid August, so that means that we'll have a couple of weeks of homelessness until we can move in.

We've had several friends offer to let us stay with them until our house is ready, but I am loathe to foist a newborn and her unpredicable moods onto them. So what will probably happen is that M will stay with friends here and Ava and I will go stay with Triad #1 in Austin. (Um, I should probably let her know about this.) It sucks that we will have to be apart for that long, but M will come up for the weekend. Plus, at least I won't have to worry about tripping over Schlitz cans in her driveway.

1 comment:

Reese said...

oh man, $111 a day? that's madness, MADNESS I say!

So you are building a new home? :) Or did you purchase one?